I needed a program to watch a file for changes and then execute a command when the watched file changes. I’ve been messing around with Python 3.6 lately so I decided I would write the program that I needed.
A quick visit to Stack Overflow got me pointed in the right direction and the result is fwatch.py, a simple script that does exactly what I mentioned above. I wrote it on my Windows box and I have not had a chance to run it under another OS. it should work, however… Continue reading fwatch.py – A Python File Watcher
I finally got around to building my Raspberry Pi cluster. I am interested in networking, microcomputers, security, and wanted a low-cost platform to play with.
It was surprisingly easy to set up, 7 RPIs, a Dog Bone Stack Case, heat sinks, some cables, and an inexpensive network switch.
Continue reading Yet Another Raspberry Pi Cluster
I received my ODROID-C2 from AmeriDroid, a couple of weeks ago and have gotten some time to play with it a little. It’s a fun, capable microcomputer. The specs are pretty impressive for such a small footprint:
* Amlogic ARM® Cortex®-A53(ARMv8) 1.5Ghz quad core CPU
* Mali™-450 GPU (3 Pixel-processors + 2 Vertex shader processors)
* 2Gbyte DDR3 SDRAM
* Gigabit Ethernet
* HDMI 2.0 4K/60Hz display
* H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS capable VPU
* 40pin GPIOs + 7pin I2S
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage slot / UHS-1 SDR50 MicroSD Card slot
* USB 2.0 Host x 4, USB OTG x 1 (power + data capable)
* Infrared(IR) Receiver
* Ubuntu 16.04 or Android 5.1
Continue reading ODROID-C2
/* Hello World program */